|Define target audience profiles and skills gaps|
ABOUT THIS COURSE
TRAINYOUCAN (ETDP SETA) Accredited Training Network and its members is committed to follow all the ETQA requirements as stipulated by SAQA.
This Unit Standard will be useful for training coordinators, trainers, facilitators, or anyone responsible for identifying skills gaps and developing target audience profiles in order to inform learning interventions and/or learning design. The Unit Standard will also be useful for those who provide guidance and advice to learners about their learning, assessment and recognition opportunities. The target audience profile will be developed using basic data collection methods and a basic research process.
This unit standard will provide recognition for those who is working towards their OD ETDP Qualification.
- People credited with this unit standard are able to:
- IPreparing for information gathering.
Gathering information on learners.
Carrying out a basic skills audit.
Compiling a report on the target audience and skills gaps.
Recognition: Based on the National Qualifications Framework that is Nationally Accepted in South Africa.
- IPreparing for information gathering.
- Success rate of learner: Currently we have a very high success rate due to the “one-price-policy” that include additional support at no additional cost.
Note: Any person who wants to offer their services as an accredited individual, company or a training provider can only do so with a valid SOR (Statement of Results) from the ETDP SETA. No other document/certificate can be used, even if it reflects the same unit standard.
- The credit calculation is based on the assumption that learners are already competent in the learning area in which they will provide training. (Have scope or experience to train in a specific field.)
- Recommended 14 days workplace experience in training or facilitation. (part time or full time)
- Basic communication skills (English = reading and writing skills on a NQF level 4 (Metric Level))
- Able to attend the contact session and any of our workshops offered.
- Access to email and where possible to the internet for research.
BOOKINGS: Book online through our booking site www.coursesdirect.co.za here.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE
WHO SHOULD ATTEND this course.
- Training Managers
- Become an Accredited Trainer
- Become and Accredited Facilitator
- Freelance Trainers
- People who want to work with the SETA’s
- People who want to open their own Training Companies
- People who want to train or facilitate learners on unit standards.
- People who want to train or facilitate learners on qualifications.
- Training Companies who want to be Accredited with the SETA.
- People who want to work with outcome based education.
- Mentors & Coaches
- Training Providers or newly registered Training Providers
- Accredited and NON-Accredited Employee/Training Providers
- Lecturers at Technicons, Private Colleges or Universities.
- HR Personnel
- Managers who need to do presentations
- Managers who need to train their staff
- Course Designers
- Persons with no formal presenting/facilitating training that needs to do presentations/training
- Sales personnel who need to train their clients
- Learning material developers looking to enhance their programmes
- Department of Labour approved Safety Reps/First Aid Trainer as part of their entry level requirements
- Microsoft Certified Trainers as part of their entry level requirements
- Learners studying towards their ETDP Qualification
- People who want to work internationally, as my countries accept this certificate in Africa and internationally.
BONUS DISCUSSIONS AND HANDOUTS DURING THIS COURSE
As a valued customer the following is included as standard practices in TRAINYOUCAN induction of accredited course, namely:
- Detailed induction of the SETA, SAQA, NQF and Credits.
- Detailed explanation on the types of accreditation found, namely individual, training provider and programme accreditation.
- Difference between unit standards and qualifications with detailed explanation.
- FREE templates and resources on this topic, ready to be downloaded to use from our members forum.
- FREE resources on compiling your personal CV and registration with the SETA for Assessors and Moderators.
- Learners will create during the contact session their own Training Checklist, Training Venue Checklist and Training Evaluation, ready to be used in the workplace.
- Two complete learning programmes, namely “Fire Fighting” will be provided to each learner in the class to assist them with their presentations. We provide you will all the documents and templates required.
- The following types of JOB opportunities exist in the Educational Industry;
- Qualified Trainers and Assessors who offer their services as FREELANCERS. (People who are contracted-in by companies to perform training functions).
- Permanent employment opportunities for individuals with Training Providers as qualified Trainers, Assessors and Training Administrators.
- Appointed Training Managers in Corporate Companies.
- Lecturers at both public and private colleges.
- Microsoft Certified and Department of Labour Special Projects (Qualified Trainer Certificate as entry level requirement)
- Developers of course material for both short and NQF aligned courses.
- International JOB opportunities in the Education Field, based on the Outcomes Based Education or Common Core principles.
- SETA Project Managers, both internally and externally.
- HR related vacancies – becoming industry requirement with recruitment agencies.
- Industry specialist who want a change in career.
- Individuals who retire and want to generate additional income in their spare time.
- Self motivated individuals who offer part time courses on weekends or in their spare time.