|nduct a disciplinary hearing |
SAQA US ID UNIT STANDARD TITLE
ABOUT THIS COURSE
TRAINYOUCAN (ETDP SETA) Accredited Training Network and its members is committed to follow all the ETQA requirements as stipulated by SAQA.
This unit standard is intended for managers/supervisors who investigate and carry out disciplinary hearings. On successful completion of this unit standard learners will be able to differentiate between the different types of incidents, investigate the incident, decide on whether an enquiry is necessary, hold enquiries, decide on the nature of the disciplinary action to take and take the action within organisational timeframes and following organisation policies and procedures.
- After completion of this unit standard the learner will be able to:
Explain organisational and legal policies, procedures for instituting disciplinary action.
Investigate the allegation.
Prepare for a hearing.
Conduct a disciplinary hearing.
- Recognition: Based on the National Qualifications Framework that is Nationally Accepted in South Africa, Department of Labour and Microsoft Certified courses.
- Success rate of learner: Currently we have a very high success rate due to the “one-price-policy” that include additional support at no additional cost.
Note: Any person who wants to offer their services as an accredited individual, company or a training provider can only do so with a valid SOR (Statement of Results) from the ETDP SETA. No other document/certificate can be used, even if it reflects the same unit standard.
- It is assumed that the learner attempting this unit standard has completed the following area of learning:
Communication NQF Level 3.
- Able to attend the contact session and any of our workshops offered.
- Access to email and where possible to the internet for research.
BOOKINGS: Book online through our booking site www.coursesdirect.co.za here.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE
Many companies have costly compensation orders from the CCMA due to Line Managers and HR staff not complying with legislation regarding disciplinary matters. This comprehensive course gives detailed insight into discipline in the workplace. This course will teach line managers how to effectively chair a disciplinary hearing. Complacency, inconsistency and turning “a blind eye” by management is some of the pitfalls to discipline companies often experience. These factors often lead to the lowering of disciplinary rules and standards in organisations. This course gives a practical hands-on approach for dealing with discipline in the workplace. How to conduct disciplinary hearings in line with the principles of fairness and equity as envisaged by the Labour Relations Act is covered. Misconduct issues of absenteeism, intoxication on duty, theft and many other issues of misconduct are dealt with from the perspective of relevant case law and codes of good practice.
- Line Managers
- HR staff
- Business Owners
- Industrial Relations Staff
- Union Representatives
BONUS DISCUSSIONS AND HANDOUTS DURING THIS COURSE
As a valued customer the following is included as standard practices in TRAINYOUCAN induction of accredited course, namely:
- Detailed induction of the SETA, SAQA, NQF and Credits.
- Detailed explanation on the types of accreditation found, namely individual, training provider and programme accreditation.
- Difference between unit standards and qualifications with detailed explanation.
- FREE templates and resources on this topic, ready to be downloaded to use from our members forum.
- FREE resources on compiling your personal CV and registration with the SETA for Assessors and Moderators.
- Learners will create during the contact session their own Training Checklist, Training Venue Checklist and Training Evaluation, ready to be used in the workplace.
- Two complete learning programmes, namely “Fire Fighting” will be provided to each learner in the class to assist them with their presentations. We provide you will all the documents and templates required.
- The following types of JOB opportunities exist in the Educational Industry;
- Qualified Trainers and Assessors who offer their services as FREELANCERS. (People who are contracted-in by companies to perform training functions).
- Permanent employment opportunities for individuals with Training Providers as qualified Trainers, Assessors and Training Administrators.
- Appointed Training Managers in Corporate Companies.
- Lecturers at both public and private colleges.
- Microsoft Certified and Department of Labour Special Projects (Qualified Trainer Certificate as entry level requirement)
- Developers of course material for both short and NQF aligned courses.
- International JOB opportunities in the Education Field, based on the Outcomes Based Education or Common Core principles.
- SETA Project Managers, both internally and externally.
- HR related vacancies – becoming industry requirement with recruitment agencies.
- Industry specialist who want a change in career.
- Individuals who retire and want to generate additional income in their spare time.
- Self motivated individuals who offer part time courses on weekends or in their spare time.