|Conduct outcomes-based assessment|
ABOUT THIS ASSESSOR COURSE
TRAINYOUCAN (ETDP SETA) Accredited Training Network and its members is committed to follow all the ETQA requirements as stipulated by SAQA.
Assessor course that goes hand in hand with the Trainer the Trainer or Facilitator Training course that enable an individual to works with the SETA’s and assess outcome based learning programmes. Both the Train the Trainer or Facilitator Training Course and the Conduct Assessment Training course is target at Training Managers, Training Providers, Lecturers, Teachers and people who want to work abroad. Invest in your future and attend our Train the Trainer training course also knows as Facilitator training course, assessor course today.
ASSESSOR COURSE SUMMARY
These generic assessor and moderator courses is for those who want to assess people in terms of specified criteria using pre-designed assessment instruments. The outcomes and criteria may be defined in a range of unit standards, exit level outcomes, assessment standards, curriculum statements and qualifications.
Those who achieve the assessors course will be able to conduct assessments within their fields of expertise. The assessors course will contribute towards the achievement of a variety of qualifications, particularly within the fields of Education Training and Development Practices and Human Resource Development.
- In particular, people credited with this assessor course will be able to:
Demonstrate understanding of outcomes-based assessment;
Prepare for assessments;
Provide feedback on assessments; and
- Recognition: Based on the National Qualifications Framework that is Nationally Accepted in South Africa, Department of Labour and Microsoft Certified courses.
- Success rate of the assessor and moderator courses: Currently we have a very high success rate due to the “one-price-policy” that include additional support at no additional cost.
Note: Any person who wants to offer their services as an accredited individual, company or a training provider can only do so with a valid SOR (Statement of Results) from the ETDP SETA. No other document/certificate can be used, even if it reflects the same unit standard.
- The credit calculation for this assessor course is based on the assumption that those starting to learn towards this unit standard have no previous assessment experience. It is assumed, though, that the candidate-assessors have evaluative expertise within the area of learning in which they intend to assess (see Definition of Terms for a definition of “evaluative expertise”).
- Basic communication skills (English = reading and writing skills on a NQF level 4 (Metric Level))
BOOKINGS: Book online through our booking site www.coursesdirect.co.za here.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE
WHO SHOULD ATTEND the assessor and moderator courses
- Become an Accredited Assessor
- Want to work with outcome based education.
- Freelance Assessors
- People who want to work with the SETA’s
- People who want to open their own Training Companies
- Training Companies who want to be Accredited with the SETA.
- People who want to assess learners on unit standards.
- People who want to assess learners on qualifications.
- Training Manager
- Mentors & Coaches
- HR Persons
- Training Administrators
- Training Providers or newly registered Training Providers
- Accredited and NON-Accredited Employee/Training Providers
- Lecturers at Technicons, Private Colleges or Universities.
- Managers who need to assess their staff
- Persons with no formal experience of the SETA and the NQF
- Recruitment Staff
- Learning material developers looking to enhance their programmes
- Anyone else who can benefit from assessment methodologies
- New training providers applying for accreditation
- Employers running learnerships.
- Learners studying towards their ETDP Qualification
- People who want to work internationally, as my countries accept this certificate in Africa and internationally.
BONUS DISCUSSIONS AND HANDOUTS DURING THIS COURSE
As a valued customer the following is included as standard practices in TRAINYOUCAN induction of accredited course, namely:
- Detailed induction of the SETA, SAQA, NQF and Credits.
- Detailed explanation on the types of accreditation found, namely individual, training provider and programme accreditation.
- Difference between unit standards and qualifications with detailed explanation.
- FREE templates and resources on this topic, ready to be downloaded to use from our members forum.
- FREE resources on compiling your personal CV and registration with the SETA for Assessors and Moderators.
- Learners will create during the contact session their own Training Checklist, Training Venue Checklist and Training Evaluation, ready to be used in the workplace.
- Two complete learning programmes, namely “Fire Fighting” will be provided to each learner in the class to assist them with their presentations. We provide you will all the documents and templates required.
- The following types of JOB opportunities exist in the Educational Industry;
- Qualified Trainers and Assessors who offer their services as FREELANCERS. (People who are contracted-in by companies to perform training functions).
- Permanent employment opportunities for individuals with Training Providers as qualified Trainers, Assessors and Training Administrators.
- Appointed Training Managers in Corporate Companies.
- Lecturers at both public and private colleges.
- Microsoft Certified and Department of Labour Special Projects (Qualified Trainer Certificate as entry level requirement)
- Developers of course material for both short and NQF aligned courses.
- International JOB opportunities in the Education Field, based on the Outcomes Based Education or Common Core principles.
- SETA Project Managers, both internally and externally.
- HR related vacancies – becoming industry requirement with recruitment agencies.
- Industry specialist who want a change in career.
- Individuals who retire and want to generate additional income in their spare time.
- Self motivated individuals who offer part time courses on weekends or in their spare time.